Sunday, January 9, 2011

Matt - Jan 8, 2011

Today was a very interesting day. We began with a delicious breakfast provided by the Hotel and after that made our way down to the lobby to wait for the bus. Surprisingly we all were greeted by Dean Goldenberg who had arrived the day prior. It was great to see him and his arrival started the day off with a bang. I was and still am on the hunt for the Dog, (Dog the Bounty Hunter). After we saw the State capital we drove by Da Kine Bail Bonds, which is where Dog works. We then made our way to a lookout point where we saw a great view of Hawaii. After that we ventured fourth to the Buddhist temple. I lit some incense and said a prayer while in the temple and also rang the bell that was nearby. Then we stopped at Waimea beach and took some photos. I had already been there prior on Tuesday when I rode the city bus for two and a half hours only to discover that the people I was going to meet were ready to go. The last part of the day that I thought was interesting was when we went to the Dole plantation. I got some Dole whip or pineapple ice cream. Overall today was a memorable and exciting day that I will remember for a long time to come.

1 comment:

Emily R said...

I agree yesterday was a very interesting day. As for breakfast I am obsessed with the passion-fruit french toast everyone should try it one morning. I thought it was really funny when Aggy asked if anyone on the bus was a fan of Dog, and from the back I hear Matt let out this scream. I am also a fan of Dog but not to the extreme that Matt is. I was a little excited to see where his office is. People at home keep asking me if I am ever going to see Dog, probably not that at least I know where his office is. I wish we could have spent more time at the Buddhist temple. I did not light ant incense because I have no idea if I should pray or just walk away so I just left the temple and put my shoes back on. The koi fish that were in the ponds were huge. When I was standing near the edge of the pond the fish came up with their mouth's open as if I was supposed to feed them. When we finally got to the Dole plantation I did not know what to expect. I walked in the door and it was insane in there. People wanted anything and everything that had a pineapple on it or if it tasted like pineapple. I did not get the Dole whip, it sounded kind of gross to me, but I tried some of Carol's and it wasn't too bad. It was really sweet so after a few bites I was done. It was cool to see the island. It was nice to get away from the crowds that are always on Waikiki.